art, carefully performed with pen and ink and blotter. I feel
(Home, Witold Rybczynski
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
penk's right ear.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Half an episode of Law & Order: CSI
4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is.
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
Dude! 10:28! I NEVER do that.
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
penk typing, rain on the roof, wind.
7. When did you last step outside? what were you doing?
I went to the mall with minemi this afternoon. I was last outside on our way back into the house to make dinner.
8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
A yarn page with a lot of really gorgeous yarns (some of which I will use to make my first sweater, as soon as I work up the nerve to get going on it.
9. What are you wearing?
A skirt of Guatemalan fabric I got at the San Francisco el Alto market and had made into a skirt down there. and a purple turtleneck from LL Bean.
10. Did you dream last night?
Yes, but I don't remember what about, now.
11. When did you last laugh?
About two minutes ago.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A couple of sailing pictures.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
Nothing springs to mind.
14. Last movie you saw?
Or part of Shakespeare in Love, of which I caught the last few minutes with Dave the other night.
15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
Probably a big celebratory dinner for my friends. But in large-scale purchases, a house, so I would have a home of my own always to return to.
16. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
I've been very sneezy today.
17. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Oh, come on. Just one? It would be a toss-up between eliminating greed or increasing empathy.
18. Do you like to dance?
19. George Bush: is he a power-crazy nutcase or some one who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?
20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
21. [Same question for a boy]
(But seriously, for both of these, I really haven't given it much thought, since I have no plans to have kids, and I think I would want to discuss it with my partner, so I see no point in getting attached to a name given all of that.)
22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Duh! (Poke me if you want a really rambling response :)