I feel like I've been in a pretty good mood since landing the new apartment, but a conversation the other night with Dave suggests otherwise, and I've been thinking a lot about mood, and internal vs. external. I tend to think of myself as someone who's pretty open with her feelings, but enough people have said otherwise that I guess I'm not, or that one has to know me fairly well, or be attuned to subtleties to pick it up. I dunno.
Anyway, here I am in a pretty good mood, but surrounded, on at least some sides, by people who... well, let's just say that they're not all in similarly good moods. And I'm finding that I'm very easily impacted by their moods. So when someone starts to be cranky and I'm nearby, even if per isn't being cranky at me, I start to slide down into a bad mood. I'm now going on the theory that being aware of this will stop it, and I've decided that I'm in a good mood, and I'm going to stay that way, thankyouverymuch.
Reasons I have to be in a bad mood:
* I have to pack and move by the end of the month
* R'ship stuff is complicated
Reasons I have to be in a good mood:
* I have a beautiful new apartment waiting for me
* I'm seeing Cirque du Soleil this weekend
* I'm having dim sum this weekend
* I have a couple of crushes, and crushes are fun
* Autumn is just around the corner
* Dan might come visit me at the end of the month!
* Still not pregnant (hey, it's the little things)
Never let it be said that I'm anything but a glass-half-full kind of person. Later, I'll go wandering and see if I can't fall in love with some lucky stranger..