1) What is your relationship with your parents like, and what would you like it to be?
I'm actually pretty happy with my relationship with my parents. We're close, in a casual way, and pretty friendly. I look forward to going home each year, and it's always fun to have them visit me here. I feel like they did a really good job as parents, and although I was a "good" kid, I don't think that's made me easy to parent in a lot of ways.
The main difficulty I have with my mom is related to body image, and our struggles back and forth on that, especially when I was in high school. Our relationship is still tenuous on the trust front because of some of that, although I feel like we're (gradually) moving in the right direction...
2) What aspect about your current life would some younger version of yourself have found most surprising and unexpected?
Wow, I have NO idea. I think I would probably be pretty surprised that I'm in Boston -- in fact, sometimes, I'm still surprised I'm in Boston!
3) If you could live in some other period in history, when would it be?
Since I'm not sold on any of the recorded periods I know of, I think I'd go way way back to pre-recorded time in hopes of an idyllic cultivating/hunting/gathering type culture.
4) Do you have a muse? If so, who is she and what does she call you to? If not, do you wish you did?
I don't think I do, but it might be nice if I did. I definitely tend toward inertia, and it might be nice to have a source of inspiration.
5) While attempting to win a big lottery, you hit the small time (say, $100,000). What do you do with it?
Downpayment on a house or condo, no question.